Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur

Friday, August 19, 2005

Starting an eBay based Business

Started by Pierre Omidyar in 1995, eBay has become an auction site used internationally for the purpose of selling unwanted items. eBay is successful due to it's simplicity. It takes little effort to sign up, sell or buy a product.

I became obsessed with eBay after making my first sale to a man in Texas. I had sold him rechargeable batteries! I couldn't believe it... I was telling all my friends about how I had made $10US by selling batteries on eBay. I was hooked to the site from this point on. You are probably wondering why I sold batteries on eBay... well, I had just got my first digital camera for Xmas and my rechargeable batteries didn't work. After going through about three sets of batteries and none of them working, I found out that rechargeable batteries are not charged initially (stupid stupid stupid)! I was putting the batteries in my camera before charging them first. So with all these batteries lying around I decided why not try to get rid of them on eBay.

Many people have gave up their full time jobs to start their own business on eBay. Heck, if I can sell batteries, you can sell anything! The site receives an enormous amount of traffic... so why not take advantage of it to make some cash.

All you need is a computer, internet connection, and a product. The idea is to find a low cost product that you can sell for a profit. Some businesses just buy products in bulk from wholesalers and then sell them at a profit on eBay. How much easier can it be? If you are not successful at selling one product, then just switch to another. Seems like a win/win situation to me. Visit www.ebay.ca and read people's stories how they've become successful by using eBay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home